Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) is an alternative treatment for
emotional distress and physical pain. It can also be called tapping or psychological acupressure. It has roots in the 1070s when some
doctors began activating acupressure points to relieve their patients from stress, phobias, headaches, depression, anxiety, weight loss and more.
You can perform your own tapping or you can work with a practitioner. EFT tapping is very easy to use, it is a self-help technique and can be used any time you feel the need. There are
some main EFT tapping points: under your nose or eye, chin, collarbone, side of your hand, top of the head and underarm.
You will need to follow a specific sequence:
- Start by identifying what is causing your distress and rate it on a scale of 0 to 10
- Make a statement of self-acceptance
- Begin the tapping sequence
- To stay focus, as you tap, use a reminder sentence
- After you finish rate your distress